Data science is transforming the work of business, NGOs and the public sector, and Cambridge welcomes collaboration in this arena. Collaboration brings fresh perspectives, both to the problems faced by business and other external stakeholders, and to academic research.
There are several opportunities for external organisations to work with us. If you are interested in establishing a partnership with the University of Cambridge, please read the information below to identify the best route for you. If you have any questions please contact us.
Many research projects at the University of Cambridge are carried out in partnership with external organisations, and there are a range of resources and specialist staff on hand to assist you in establishing collaborative research programmes. These include:
- University of Cambridge department-based Knowledge Transfer Facilitators (list of contact details can be found here)
- Cambridge Enterprise
- University of Cambridge Information for Business
- University of Cambridge Strategic Research Initiatives and Networks
- Laboratory for Scientific Computing
C2D3 can support you in making contact with the relevant academics and facilitators at Cambridge and to identify opportunities for collaboration, particularly where the proposed research project involves collaboration across disciplines. To explore opportunities to establish a research collaboration with Cambridge Big Data or to learn more about our research, please contact us. Please be as specific as possible when making your request.
Many Cambridge researchers choose to take on short-term consultancy projects in cases where a company or other organisation is looking for specific advice or expertise. This is normally arranged directly with the individual academic (please consult the directory for further information on our members' research interests).
It may be possible to help identify relevant individuals through Cambridge Enterprise but please be as specific as possible about your requirements.
In addition, several organisations within the University offer specialised consultancy services including:
- Institute for Manufacturing: Education and consultancy services
- The Psychometrics Centre: Consultancy services to academia, business and the public sector
Recruitment, internships and placements
For Recruitment and Internships, please contact:
Short-term student projects are available in a number of departments. Please visit the pages below for more information and contacts
- Department of Engineering Student Placements and Projects
- Faculty of Mathematics Post Masters Placement Scheme
- Computer Laboratory Individual or Group Projects