FinHealthTech: New opportunities at the intersection of health and wealth.
The Alan Turing Institute: This open community-building event will bring together experts across health, finance, technology, policy, and academia to explore future directions in the digital age for combined health and wealth management.
The event opens with a clear agenda, introductions, and speakers sharing their visions and experiences in this space. A Q&A panel will follow to discuss opportunities and risks.
Full details and registration can be found here.
10:00-10:20am - Arrival & Introductions (Enigma Room)
- Why are we here? Background context and outlining what we want to achieve.
- Two experts set the stage on ‘What are the approaches being used for financial data?’ (Speaker: Gareth McNab, Nationwide, Director of Open Banking for Good) and ‘What are the approaches used for health data?’ (Speaker: Dr Stan Shepherd, CEO, Instant Access Medical).
10:20-10:45am - Lightning Talks (Enigma Room)
- Monzo & Lyrical Kombat (5min) - building financial literacy
- Ducit.ai (5min) - deep financial phenotyping partnership with Citizens Advice Bureau
- Toucan (5min) - Alliance banking
- Wysa (5min) - AI-supported mental health chatbot
10:45 - 11:15am - Q&A Panel Discussion (Enigma Room)
- Chair, Lukasz Szpruch, Director of Finance and Economics Programme, The Alan Turing Institute, London. Panellists: Niall Boyce Editor, The Lancet Psychiatry; Katie Alpin, Interim Chief Executive, Money & Mental Health Policy Institute; Jessica Lennard, Director of External Affairs, Data Science Lab, Visa; Henrietta Bowden-Jones, Director of National Problem Gambling Clinic and National Centre for Gaming Disorders; tbc
11:15 – End of Meeting
1:30pm - 4pm - Optional afternoon session (open to all)
- Start to map out the specifics around topics discussed, questions raised etc. (e.g., what data sets are available? what specific pathways to impact are ready to build combined health and wealth strategies? What are the ethical issues?)